Exploratory Testing in an Agile Context Materials

I’m giving a session at Agile2011 in Salt Lake City at 9AM Wednesday on Exploratory Testing in an Agile Context. The session itself will be entirely hands on: we will explore a hand-held electronic game that I brought while discussing how ET and Agile fit together hand-in-glove. However, I did produce materials for the session: a PDF that’s almost a booklet. Thought you all might like to see it.

7 Responses to Exploratory Testing in an Agile Context Materials

1. Paddy Healey August 9, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

This is wonderful Elisabeth. There seems to be the makings of a full blown book here, if you ask me (which, I realise, you didn’t!)

2. Joe Strazzere August 9, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

Good stuff – thanks for sharing!

Your “stopping heuristics” are good options, but by far the most common one I encounter is “The schedule says that we have run out of time”.

3. Darren McMillan August 10, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

Fantastic! Very well written, and informative.

Looks like it’ll be a great session, hope it goes well.

4. Chris Saunders August 10, 2011 at 7:42 pm #

I do like the content and format of the PDF.
    I found Chapter 2 of most interest; I’ll have to try writing charters in this format sometime.

Should be a great session only problem it’s 12020.32km away from Chirstchurch, NZ.

5. Antoine Alberti August 19, 2011 at 11:20 am #

We are not experienced enough and have pain formalizing our ideas about testing. This doc is gonna be of great help. I suppose even experienced testers will take benefit from it.
    Thanks a lot, I’m sure you are saving us a lot of time and mistakes.

6. Pooja August 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

Thanks Elisabeth for sharing such a wonderful article.
    It cleared my lots many queries related to exploratory testing.

I am still in learning phase of this strategy and this doc going to help me a lot for understanding more on testing.

7. Jason Riley September 1, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

Thank you for posting this. I’ve used the original Test Heuristics you posted for a couple of years now. It’s nice to see some new information and how it ties into Agile software development practices.